Friday 9 January 2009

So 2009 is finally here......and it started brilliantly!!!!!! That must be a good sign. If it started positively...laughing, having fun, smiling, with people I love.....then I believe that is setting the scene for how the year will continue for me. We had such a brilliant time....few days away, seeing family and friends, having fun, watching football, playing games.....it was just fabulous.

And I am doing so well too on all my "resolutions". I don't really like using the word resolutions....but I don't know how else to describe what I am trying to achieve.

Apart from accessing my Facebook via my phone I have dramatically reduced my internet use. Especially at work. Quite proud of myself there.
I have also avoided all sites where I know my profile is looked at by "The Hassle". I have not been on the sites or updated my profile. If I avoid these sites then IT will hopefully look for things less and less as time goes on.

I have not been on the forum I had been using regularly (read that as using nearly every day for 2 and a half years!!!) - I have not been on since I decided to leave just before Christmas. I have missed it and I haven't. I have missed reading what people are up to but quite a few of them I can catch up with through texting, email and Facebook so it isn't too bad......but I feel alot less stressed. I don't worry about being judged anymore and worrying about how someone will decide to take what I have written - especially when sometimes people are so paranoid/guilty/self-conscience/egotistical (not sure which) that they think things I write is referring to them. I had enough harassment before, I do NOT need to put myself in a situation where what I am saying might provoke an unnecessary, angry, accusing private message from someone. So the best thing to do was leave and not leave myself in a harassing situation again. Suppose you could say I have learnt by my mistakes.

I have made quite an effort with how I have been dressing, trying to get into a good skincare routine...(can't be a big spotty mess on our wedding day can I?!) - and at home...well I am shocked at the effort both me and my fiance have put in. Lots of silly little DIY jobs have been done, we are on top of all of our housework (which is extremely unusual!) and we have both been progressing with wedding plans and house plans......I am very proud with how organised and productive we are both being. Just hope it continues!!!!!!! And we are about to order a dishwasher....!! I know its so lazy and uses more water etc etc etc but I can't even begin to explain the difference it will make in our lives....especially when he is on funny shifts and we are both in the house at different times so we are eating on our own..... Ordering it on Monday so should hopefully have it within the next couple of weeks...woohoo!!!!!

My new hours at work are helping loads too. It is a bit of a shock to the system getting up at 6am again but being home before 5pm feels great already! My evenings feel so much longer and on the days my fiance is off work (which he is at the moment) it will mean we have alot more time together and actually have time in the evenings to do things if we wanted instead of slob on the sofa in front of the TV!!!!

I have made a pact with 2 of my best friends that we will see each other for tea once every 2 months at least. We'll take it in turn as to who's house we go to - got the first one booked for Feb and I am seeing them at this end of the month too for a night out!! Then arranged for some other friends to come to us for dinner one night, I've got my hen night and then a friend's hen night, definitely 2 weddings (on top of my own) to go to ....maybe 3 if another mate sorts herself out!!! Two 30th birthday parties....possibly a Christening.......seeing Take That - TWICE!!!!!!..........my social life is going to be a whirlwind this year and we're only 9 days in!!

So - that's enough babble about me and my life in 2009!!!!!!!
I just know its going to be a fab fab year!!!!!!! :D
xxx

No comments: