Monday 7 September 2009

I listen to the radio most days at work. I prefer to have noise as it helps me concentrate. I hate it being quiet. Some days I hum along, some days I mime along to the words but the other day a song came on and I stopped and just listened.
It's a song I have heard a million times before....ok a million is an exaggeration but it was released in 1999 so I have heard it quite a few times over the past 10years but it had never really made any impact on me until this day. It's the words......they suddenly meant so much to me.

"You don't even know me
You say that I'm not living right
You don't understand me
So why do you judge my life?

Every time I turn around, there's something
People talking 'bout what they don't know

Who are you?
You say I'm not livin' right
You haven't walked in my shoes
I'm gonna move on
It's my life, it's my life"

No comments: